Do you have an attorney on your holiday gift giving list this year? Wondering what to buy them? Sometimes finding the right gifts for people in the legal field can be a task. Male attorneys probably have enough ties. We all have our favorite coffee mugs already. Those of us who have been in the field awhile more than likely don’t need anything for our desks. So, what’s left? Here are some unique gift ideas for the lawyers in your life.
Walk the walk
- New briefcase.
- Leather tablet cover.
- US Constitution book cover wallet.
- They might like a tie clip and cufflinks engraved with their initials.
- Bracelet with inspirational quote and legal charms.
Fun and games
- Lawsuit: The Board Game.
- Law School in a Box by Mental Floss Magazine. Includes:
- Comprehensive textbook, Law School in 96 Pages
- 10 Heroes of the Courtroom Trading Cards
- 10 Extra Credit Flash Cards
- Bar Exam Trivia Challenge
- Rolled College Diploma with Real Latin Words
- Lawyered definition print.
- Legal decision paperweight.
- The New Yorker Book of Lawyer Cartoons.
- Magnetic Poetry – Lawyer poetry kit.
- Better Call Saul print.
- T-shirts: Atticus Finch, Olivia Pope, Patty Hewes, Ally McBeal, Alan Shore, Charles Kingsfield, Perry Mason etc.
Read and Watch
- American Experience DVDs and books (or both).
- Satan’s Advice to Young Lawyers by Aleister Lovecraft Esq.
- Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsberg by Irin Carmon and Shana Knizhnik
- In My Own Words by Ruth Bader Ginsberg
- Lazy B. by Sandra Day O’Connor and H. Alan Hale
- My Beloved World by Sonia Sotomayer
- Book: 15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management: The Productivity Habits of 7 Billionaires, 13 Olympic Athletes, 29 Straight-A Students, and 239 Entrepreneurs
- Any good TV show or movie about lawyers on DVD.
Office or home decor
- US Constitution preamble hand painted sign.
- Gavel and/or scales of justice patent print.
- Home décor made out of law books.
- Justice prints.
- Lady Justice print.
- Sand art can have a calming effect on people.
- Zen Garden.
- Fitbit or similar device that tracks, steps, sleep, etc.
- Yoga for Lawyers
- Eyestrain reducing desk lamp.
- Book of the Month: Self-explanatory.
- Love With Food: Junk free snacks to get you through your busy day.
- Birch Box: High end beauty samples for her.
- Craft Coffee: Fresh roasted coffee.
- Winc: Wine delivered to your door.
- Mantry: Food products for men.
- Plated meal subscriptions would probably be helpful to any busy professional. Here are some popular ones:
I hope that gives you some ideas. Do you have any to add? If you’re an attorney, what was one of the best gifts you ever received?